Why is Read It Once Again the best choice?
Read It Once Again is your best choice for a curriculum to help preschool children with disabilities succeed because it:
- Is cost effective.
- Uses language based learning with rhyme, rhythm, and repetition.
- Provides a Scope and Sequence for teachers including techniques to choose storybooks that match their children’s expressive and receptive language development.
- Improves expressive language by building and repeating a vocabulary of familiar words and phrases.
- Offers an assessment tool for ongoing monitoring progress as well as an optional Curriculum Based Assessment Tool for pre and post testing to monitor and guide instruction.
- Includes specific monthly lesson plans.
- Provides structure and predictability for students and classroom routines.
- Includes strategies for incorporating supportive therapies within the preschool classroom.
- Consistently provides and repeats the most foundational skills for young children.
- Includes a color CD with each unit allowing unlimited reproduction of graphics along with an optional Interactive White Board CD.
- Provides more advanced Level 2 units that build upon the foundational skills presented in Level 1 units.
- Provides teacher and staff training.
- Is founded on research-based strategies. Formal research was conducted in 2010 at Clemson University. It was presented at the DEC Conference in 2010 and published in Head Start Research to Practice 2013.
Read It Once Again is a curriculum created especially for children with language delays, which includes children with cognitive delays, autism, and those at risk for failure.