Read It Once Again offers Curriculum Units and Interactive White Board activities based on the popular storybook, “One Duck Stuck” by Phyllis Root and illustrated by Jane Chapman.
- The storybook is not included. To purchase book please refer to our Scholastic Literacy Partners page.
Storybook and Curriculum Unit Highlights:
- Phonetically fun rhyming text
- Teaches animal identification
- Reinforces counting skills
- Practices story-telling sequencing skills
- Provides opportunity to discuss the importance of helping each other
- Good unit to be used anytime, especially in the spring
One Duck Stuck, Level 2 Highlights include:
Reading and Phonemic Awareness:
One Duck Stuck Alphabet Cards
Duck’s Favorite Words
Red Leaf Hide and Seek, Reinforcing Positional Concepts
Duck in the Muck Rhyming Words
Math Goals and Objectives:
Frogs on a Log
Blossom Patterning and Counting
Help the Duck Get Out of the Muck! Simple addition and subtraction.
The Duck Can Draw Shapes! Can you do it too?
Zooming Dragonfly Can Trace and Write Numbers
Science Goals and Objectives:
What is on the Science Table?
The Mucky Ducky Science Journal
Is It Waterproof?
Creative Writing and Social Studies Goals and Objectives:
One Duck Stuck Creative Writing Stories
Fun With Acrostic Poems
For All You Do, We Thank You
Help! Help! Who Can Help?